Interested in becoming a board member? Click here and fill out an application.
|Brian Feduk||Director At Large||12/31/2014|
|Jim Hadley||Director At Large||12/31/2014|
|Jon Trees||Director At Large||12/31/2012|
|Zak Warren||Director At Large||12/31/2012|
- President - Mike Zamba
As an ambassador and spokesman for the San José MSBL, the position represents the league at the National, state and local levels. The President promotes and protects the League's image. The Board relies on this person to liaison with school districts to secure field permits, establish and grow relationships with the schools and coaches (with assistance of "home field" liaisons). This person is also the contact person for resolving disputes with property owners, non-league members and insurance agencies. The Board of Directors elects a President from at large. The Presidential seat is a voting member of the Board of Directors.
The President is elected to a one-year term.
- Treasurer - Pete Passantino
The Treasurer keeps, maintains and reports on the correct and current financial status of the League (the Corporation). As Treasurer, the position requires securing, accounting and reporting on all of the League's property, deposits, financial accounts and depts. The Board of Directors elects a Treasurer from at large. The Treasurer's seat is a non-voting member of the Board of Directors.
The Treasurer is elected to a one-year term.
- Secretary - Robert Straight
As Secretary, this person keeps records of the minutes of all the meetings, proceedings and action of the committee's of the Board and of its Members. Articles of incorporation, By Laws (and their amendments) and the member's names and addresses are kept current at a principle office. The Board of Directors elects a Secretary from at large. The Secretarial seat is a non-voting member of the Board of Directors.
The Secretary is elected to a one-year term.
- Length of Terms
Board members are elected to three-year terms.
Board Member Duties and Responsibilities
All board members have the following duties and responsibilities.
- Commit to volunteer for the benefit of all, 20 hours a month from January to April and 10 hours a month from May to December for three years.
- A positive attitude is required.
- Become an expert on the By Laws of the Corporation.
- Become an expert on the Rules and Regulations for San José MSBL.
- Implement and sustain a season long effort to form teams to play in the Phoenix World Series.
- Orient new players.
- Develop, update, improve and maintain a League website.
- Construct a schedule, which include an All-star game, play-offs with special requirements and adjustments for fields and teams.
- Create budget.
- Devise and set up workouts in preparation for a draft.
- Umpire liaison, including pre-season, meeting to distribute and discuss rules with umpires' association, including scheduling of umpires accounting and balancing of all umpire fees, handle umpire-player disputes, contact person for umpire shortages or on-shows.
- Chair a committee to rule on all protests and/or disciplinary action.
- Spearhead an advertising campaign.
- Lead an effort to publish newsletters with meeting minutes, agendas and upcoming events.
- Plan, distribute and inventory equipment for each field including dumpsters, chalk, rakes, drags, bases, hoses, etc, and baseballs.
- Coordinate, promote and market All-star game and league fundraiser.
- Conceive, recruit necessary assistance and carry out special events that would benefit camaraderie among the players and their families.
- Canvass the League's players and managers for improvements and/or adjustments.
- Nurture a relationship with schools and their baseball program.
- Correspond with the National office for the latest information, events, promotions and submissions to Hardball magazine.
- Collect League team rosters, make copies, file, scrutinize them for accuracy and forward them to the National office.