|Date:||Sunday, February 12th, 2012|
|Time:||10:30 AM - 2:00 PM (Registration and warm-ups begin at 10:00 AM)|
|Location:||Los Gatos High School, 20 High School Court, Los Gatos, 95030. (map here)|
There will be one workout for new players. The draft will be held immediately following the workout. New players are highly encouraged to participate in the workout.
New teams. If you want to join our league this year, please contact email@example.com or call (408) 768-6897 before March 1st.
Before You Get There
- Fill out a new player application.
- Print, fill out, and sign a waiver agreement. Bring it with you. Waivers will be available at the field but they must be signed and turned in before 10:30 AM. Be prepared.
- Wear comfortable baseball clothing. No street clothes.
- Metal spikes are permitted on the field.
- The first hour will be outfield and infield practice.
- The remaining time will be used for batting and pitching evaluation.
- 20 game season plus playoffs.
- Quality baseball fields.
- College umpires.
- Approximately $250-$300 per person league fees, plus uniforms.
- Automatic qualification to participate in the World Series in Phoenix.
San Jose MSBL – Founded in 1988 - Celebrating Our 25th Year
- Part of MSBL National with over 200 leagues and 3400 teams across the USA.
- 20 game regular season plus playoff games for the majority of league teams.
- Different levels of competition for the recreational player to ex college and pros.
- Three age groups: 18+, 25+, 35+. Wood and Aluminum bat divisions.
- NCAA umpires - the best baseball game officials in the San Jose area.
- Excellent quality fields provide players the best playing experience in the Bay Area.
- 2012 fields include: Los Gatos, Wilcox, Willow Glen, De Anza, Oak Grove, Gavilan College.
- Professional grade baseballs used in all games – same Rawlings ball used by the San Jose Giants.
- Mid season All-Star game played under the lights at San Jose Municipal Stadium.
- Player fees range from $250-$300 per person and covers baseballs, fields and umpires.
- Automatic qualification to participate in the MSBL World Series in Phoenix, AZ - the largest amateur baseball tournament in the world (355 teams in 2011)